08 June 2009

I swear that I will add more to the Sasquatch/LSD epic unless its coming across as stupid or contrived and then in that case we'll just have to find something different but I just came across this and I wanted to share. Pitchfork has an interview with Natasha Khan a.k.a. Bat for Lashes, and its a nice lil' read. I don't think this has come up yet, but I totally adore Two Suns and have really been digging Bat for Lashes as of late. After reading this interview, I have discovered that Natasha Khan is even radder then I had previously realized. In the interview, she mentions Last Exit to Brooklyn twice which just so happens to be my all-time favorite book. There is also talk about the Velvet Underground who just happen to be one of my all-time fav bands. She mentions both The Wrestler and Buffalo 66 as movies she has enjoyed, and holy smokes I totally dig those movies as well. And she talks about opening for Radiohead who coincidentally are one of the greatest live acts I have ever had the pleasure of witnessing. Pitchfork Interview with Bat for Lashes

No comments:

Post a Comment