24 July 2009

New Jay-Z

The song is called "Run This Town", and it features Kanye and Rihanna on it. Presumably, this will be the lead single for Blueprint 3. The internets say that the first single was supposed to be a joint with Drake, but for whatever reason this is the song that the people are getting first. Spotted at Nah Right, by way of Rap Radar and Mr. X
UPDATE: Apparently, there was just faulty reporting all over on this one. Drake spoke to The BoomBox, and explained that he knew all along that his track with Hov wouldn't be the lead single. As reported by Keith Murphy, 
"I don't know who came up with that rumor to be honest, but I always knew what Jay's first single was going to be," the hype-building Toronto MC told the BoomBox this afternoon. "Me and Jay did a lot of work together. Maybe at one point he was considering doing it and someone got over-excited and put out a press release that I was going to be on the first single."

So what does Drake, who is working on his Young Money/Universal Republic studio debut 'Thank Me Later' following the rousing success of his mixtape 'So Far Gone,' think about the chest-beating track? "I think Jay made a great choice," he says. "I think the 'Run This Town' song is phenomenal. I think Kanye kills that s---. I actually heard that song when it was a Rihanna track." 

No comments:

Post a Comment