30 July 2009

This really isn't a blog post as it is more of just me talking, but it seems necessary nonetheless. After some serious thinking, I think I am ready to take a jump. While I've never read the book, I'm fairly certain that in Perfect From Now On: How Indie Rock Saved My Life the author talks about the instrumental role Guided By Voices plays in his development towards adulthood. I like GBV, but am starting to get to a point where I think I am ready to love GBV. The only thing holding me back at the moment is the fact that there is a dizzying amount of albums that can be collected by the band, and I don't have the slightest clue as to which album should be the next one. Perhaps, I should read this book and then I'll have a better idea. Then again, I have fallen somewhat behind in my reading game. I'm finishing up Faulkner's As I Lay Dying at the moment, but I still have Bright Lights Big City, Fargo Rock City, and Fight Club sitting on the desk waiting to be read. I see this project as a massive one, and think that it may deserve special attention. 
I'm toying around with some new ideas to make this blog slightly more readable, so perhaps over time some new things will bubble up to the surface. Also, I've been having these really strange dreams lately and I think its been the cosmos' way of delivering an idea to me. With that being said, I may or may not be developing a script for a horror movie. 
And finally, I'm seeing Deerhunter tomorrow night and that is pretty rad and then hopefully some clever writing to complete the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment