06 September 2009

I think that I can say, unequivocally, that Grizzly Bear is my favorite band for a Sunday morning. And now that I've mentioned them, I guess that means that I can talk about them. Two things. First, I apologize for the suspect video from the other day of Jay-Z at the Grizzly Bear concert. I realize that the video isn't entirely convincing, and it looks like that could be any dude, but make no mistake this event actually happened. The two artists that I like to blog about the most converged on one spot for one moment of time. MTV has an interview with Jay, and in it shares his thoughts on music. It's a pretty brief interview, and in the beginning Jay is just talking about how he is a fan of music and what not. But then, he expounds further and begins talking about Grizzly Bear as well as hip hop. 
"They're [Grizzly Bear] an incredible band. The thing I want to say to everybone--- I hope this happens because it will push rap, it will push hip-hop to go even further--- what the indie-rock movement is doing right now is very inspiring... These concerts, they're not on the radio, no one hears about them, and there's 12,000 people in attendance. And the music that they're making and the connection they're making to people is really inspiring. So, I hope that they have a run where they push hip hop back a little bit, so it will force hip hop to fight to make better music, because it can happen, because that's what rap did to rock." (via MTV). 
Brooklyn Vegan also has pictures from the event which you can see HERE.
Also, there's this. This is a video of the band performing at some concert in Europe. I post it because "Two Weeks" is still after all this time, a really awesome song.

No comments:

Post a Comment