09 November 2009

So, I start a new job tomorrow and if it goes the way I think it well, then posts are here might become a little more scarce. All is not lost as the weekends will now be the birthing ground. There will still be show reviews, with Times New Viking playing in town on Saturday and then the Pixies will be here two weeks and two days after that. In order to take full-advantage of this present discourse, I've been in a writing slump. Nothing has been up to par, and it's getting to a point where I'm doubting any and all ideas. For instance, I was just thinking about doing an imaginary review of Mastodon's Leviathan, because I used to own it and I've heard it several times but I no longer have it so I can't listen to it at this instant when I am kind of in the mood to listen to it. I bought El-P's Fantastic Damages for less than a pack of cigarettes on Amazon weeks ago, but I've been at a lost at to what to say. Today, it dawned on me. The album is about beats. All the beats on this record are out of this world. El-P is a producer, and a rapper too. Maybe when I'm older I'll know more, but right now, here, today, I'm saying that I like this album and it's because of the beats. The words will come to me one day, but now, it's all about sounds. I also thought about writing a new review of Atlas Sound's Logos, but thought better of it. 
With a new job comes a new paycheck, so more album reviews may come in the future. A strong contender for the title of next album to be reviewed is this.

Other things may be in store as well. I talked to Gary last night, and he was telling me about Jesus Lizard and from what I heard, I am pretty amped to hear more. Gary described them as a cross between Mudhoney and the Melvins, and I was left with the impression that by saying Mudhoney Gary was trying to say a "better version of Mudhoney". Either way, it seems like there may be potential. 
There are also going to more lists in the future. I apologize in advance, but it has to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment