14 December 2009

If you haven't already done so, I would highly recommend clicking on the item beneath my profile in the right hand column. The one that is purple and bluish, and it looks like there's a curly haired fellow sitting on a bench. Yeah, that one. Press 'Play All'. It's going to play the album, Childish Prodigy, by Kurt Vile. The record came out back in October on Matador, and the player has been on this page for probably just as long. It just know occurred to me that I've never mentioned it before right now. This is a major failure on my part. This album is quite good. I've really enjoyed it up to this point. There's kind of a wide breadth of songs, but they're all pretty great. I saw him live over the summer, and that was real rad. It was outside and there was a whole lot going on, but everyone seemed to stop whatever it was they were doing when he started playing. The moral of the story is this guy is just as good on record as he is in concert. Dig.

And just to reinforce the point, here's a video for the song "Freeway". This obviously isn't the officially sanctioned video or anything like that, but it's all about the song anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment