12 January 2010

If You're Into It

According to the internets, there is a new Joanna Newsom album coming out. Visitors to the Drag City website this morning were greeted with a cartoon that seems to indicate that a new record is coming out on February 23, and it may contain a song called "Have One on Me". Either there new music is on the way, or Ms. Newsom has grown tired of making music for Victoria's Secret commercials and appearing in music videos and will now try her hand at making subtle comic strip illustrations. 
I've never been quite sure how to feel about Joanna Newsom. I know that some people really love her, and I know that some people loathe her but personally I have never had to take a stance on the subject. Someone burned me a copy of Ys, and I dug parts of that. I also know that I definitely enjoy that one song, "Peach, Plum, Pear". However, there was a point in time when I was in university where I used to constantly name-drop whatever bands I was listening to. Aside from being mildly-irritating, I also got a stink face once because I said I was going home to listen to Joanna Newsom. (Writer's Note: There was definitely alcohol involved in making that last statement.) 
So if it interests you, there is a new Joanna Newsom album on the way. If this isn't your thing, then sorry and hopefully you can forget about what just happened. 

No comments:

Post a Comment