06 April 2010

Male Bonding: "Years Not Long"


Male Bonding are a three person outfit from across the pond. They have an album coming out on May 11 via Sub Pop. That's the album art at the top there. When conducting internets research on this group, the phrase "lo-fi" finds it's way into just about every write-up concerning these dudes. I may be alone on this one, but I find that to be a good thing.
This song "Years Not Long" is pretty rad. It can be heard over at the band's myspace page, or at the hype machine, as well as the fader (Writer's Note: You can stream the whole record there as well.), or anywhere else that one could possibly listen to music.
They were also just on something called WBEZ's Sound Opinions, where they accompanied the Vivian Girls in a rendition of Lou Reed's "Perfect Day". I've heard this song so many times over, but it's always been the same version. I'm not saying that I necessarily co-sign this or anything like that, but nonetheless I am posting it.

Vivian Girls with Male Bonding on Sound Opinions from WBEZ on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment