04 November 2010

New LCD Soundsystem Release

Reports had indicated that James Murphy & Co. were going to hang it up after touring for the stellar This Is Happening had finished. No more albums, no more records, nothing. Granted there are still stops in Europe, and as of 2011 they'll still be on the road but it was kind of understood that the end was near. However, the internets announced this morning that a new joint will be released next Tuesday on itunes through DFA/Virgin.
It's being described as a live in-studio effort, and will be called The London Sessions. Instead of the electronic awesomeness that usually accompanies an LCD studio album, this one will have the grit and glory that comes with their live performance art which is real rad on a whole other level. I caught a live show over the summer, and it made me feel many things. Many, many things.
Anyway, my point is that I reveled in the assault on my senses that occurred that night and now my childish mind believes that this record will duplicate those feelings.
It will be available starting on November 9th, but don't sleep because it will be gone by December 6th. Track list below.

1. Us V Them
2. All I Want
3. Drunk Girls
4. Get Innocuous
5. Daft Punk Is Playing at My House
6. All My Friends
7. Pow Pow
8. I Can Change
9. Yr City's a Sucker

(via p4k)

No comments:

Post a Comment